In this new series, we’ll be interviewing Zoovu employees across all departments and regions. They’ll give us insight into what life at Zoovu is like and how their roles make an impact in delivering AI-driven product content discovery experiences.
1. Tell me your name, your role, and where you’re based.
Rodney Rodriguez – I am a Strategy Customer Consultant here at Zoovu and based out of Toronto, Canada. (I think I am the one and only Canadian on the team.)
2. How long have you been working at Zoovu? And how did you find out about the company?
I have been working for Zoovu for just under 2 years. I am no stranger to the company as I have been a former customer and have been championing this platform for years within Whirlpool Corporation.
3. Let’s dive deeper into your role, how does it play into the company’s overall success? What project are you the proudest of being involved in?
We need to be advising our customers on how to grow their business with our capabilities. Strategy Consultants help see the big picture and can connect the dots with various departments, regions, and partners. Launching the Garage Configurator is a big win for both Whirlpool and Zoovu. We get to deliver an engaging visual experience that can showcase products in the best light, but what’s amazing about this is that the team is looking to scale this experience across their partner network to help them sell more.
4. Describe your team in 3 words.
Extremely Customer Focused.
5. What about Zoovu’s product and our mission resonate with you the most?
We are a unique yet ubiquitous platform as we offer capabilities that allow companies to deliver experiences that help their customer discover what they are looking for, whether it’s through guided assistants, chat, visual configurators, or search … all in one.
6. How would you describe Zoovu’s company culture? What do you like the most about it?
It’s a work-hard play-hard environment. There is no task to big or too small for anyone to take on. We are empowered to make decisions and we get support from the leadership level to make great ideas happen.
7. Which customer do you think has the coolest product discovery experience and why?
Too many to choose from, but the ones that I love most are the ones where it actually feels like a humanized experience and that you are not just engaging with another bot or website. I would have to pick the Gerber Feed Finder as one of my favorites.
Final question: What did you last binge watch?
I just finished Stranger Things Season 4. I grew up in the 80’s so the nostalgia you feel from the clothing, the music, and the adventures these kids go on is such a time warp. And love how 80’s tracks like Kate Bush’s Running up that Hill are hitting number one spots on the charts again.